Counselling for Depression
Depression is a common experience. We have all felt 'depressed' after an argument with those close to us, tussles with our teenage children, when we are struggling with transitions, and sometimes we feel 'down' for no reason at all.
However, depression can become problematic when:
- The low moods last for more than 2 weeks
- Your lose interest in things that were previously enjoyable
- It interferes with your ability to function at home or at work
- You experience weight loss or weight gain
- There has been a change in your sleeping routine
- You experience feelings of worthlessness or hopelessness
- Your concentration is not what it used to be
- Your experience recurrent thoughts of death (not just fear of dying) or recurrent suicidal ideation
Our psychologists are highly skilled in treatment for depression. They will work collaboratively with you using a range of practical and therapeutic techniques to assist with improved well-being.
Please Contact us if you think you, or a loved one, may be suffering from depression and would benefit from a helping hand.