Corporate Services -EAP and Groups
What is EAP and how does it help?
An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is an employee benefit program that assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being.
Research on the efficacy of EAP’s show that working with a Psychologist can improve emotional well-being (↑86.4%), physical health (↑24.8%), work-life balance (↑44.8%), workplace morale and motivation (↑49.5%) and productivity (↑24.0%), improve workplace relationships (↑27.3%), and reduce absenteeism (36% improvement).
Our EAP Service
At Your Mind Matters Psychology Services, we have been providing EAP services for a number of years. When you engage Your Mind Matters Psychology Services to be your EAP provider, we guarantee the following:
- You will be working with a fully qualified Psychologist, not a counsellor or social worker.
- You don’t have to pay a yearly premium, simply pay session by session (no minimum spend).
- Since there is no middle man, consultation fees are far less.
- We can offer sessions face-to-face if you’re local, or if you’re further away, counselling can be conducted via telephone or videolink (e.g. GoTo Meetings).
At Your Mind Matters, our psychologists are so busy seeing clients that we may not be able to provide immediate trauma support or on-site critical incident debriefing in the event of an emergency or crisis. If you wish to access these immediate on-call services as part of your EAP services, call us and to discuss how we work alongside Trauma Centre Australia, who have over 25 years' experience proving critical incident and trauma response support.
To read the full research paper on EAP statistics, click here.
Our On-Site Groups
Your Mind Matters also run on-site groups to businesses within Melbourne. Our groups are often incorporated during Professional Development days or Conferences, and are customised depending on your needs and the needs of your team members.
We currently have the following groups running:
- Mindfulness and Relaxation
- Stress Management
- Creating your own Self-Care Plan
- Debriefing and support (pending or following change within the business)
If you'd like to know more, call our office on (03) 9809 5947 and ask for our Director, Laura.